Default Brass drill bit (for lead)

In , on 09/22/03
at 12:09 PM, Alaric B Snell said:

Hello,

I've had passed to me a pellet gun with a barrel of some metal or other
(presumably a steel 'coz it's grey and considering what it's being used
for). The barrel is a tube, and at the back, the breech block screws in.
The whole thing is on a spring; you pull back the spring, unscrew
breech, insert pellet, screw in breech, release spring, pow.

Sounds like a GAT to me? If that is the case, you won't damage it by
sledging out the pellets if you like!! There's no rifling to worry about &
no accuracy to lose either. Every GAT has at some stage been filled with
sand wadded by mud, small stones, pins pushed through bits of cork, nails
sealed with wool, rolled up bits of paper etc etc. Some of these have
actually been discharged as well, none within a yard of the aiming point,
& certainly at less velocity than a peashooter. In short, however you
clear the "barrel" you are unlikely to worsen its shooting
characteristics.
John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales