Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TimPerry

Default Help with Univox Guitar Amp

"Mr. Land" wrote in message
ups.com...
in the early day of transistors technicians were cautioned to heatsink

the
leads of transistors when soldering so as not to damage them. tiny

little
aluminum spring loaded clamps were sold to aid in this process.

Ack! Those were "the early days of transistors"??? I feel old...I'd
better sit down.

back in the dawn of prehistory when you could actually fix most stuff and
replacement parts didn't cost more then the original unit.

way back when the drugstores had a tube checker and sold tubes.

when radios proudly counted the number of transistors in them.

when nuvistors valiantly failed to curb the onslaught of solid state.

when nixie tubes lit up glowing number displays that actually had curves and
not straight segments.

when a 10 function calculator cost over $100 and a slide rule course was
required.

gasoline had lead in it and was sometimes as low as 15 cents/gal

i feel old too... im gonna LAY down.