Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Newsreaders

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:34:02 GMT, (Chuck) wrote:

Because _I_ have an ISP that has a news server. I use Forte's Free
Agent, myself. I was wondering about all the other people who had
been complaining about not being able to view the group, and was
asking for their benefit. I didn't know that ISPs routinely don't
offer news service. I've had the same one for about 8 years and for 5
or 6 years before that had another one for the full time, both of
which offered news service. Before that it was FidoNet and before
that GEnie and before that BBSs.

Hehe... nice to know I'm not the only old-timer around here. Btw..
BBSs are still running. Even one I helped establish and co-write. Time
goes waaaay too fast.