Woodborg Woodborg is offline
Member

Location: Halesworth, Suffolk.uk
Default Branch Question

Upto now i have been turning bowls from large diameter logs, cut either side of middle to remove heart wood, rough shaped then dipped in the LDD. My question is for the smaller branches of less than 8" in diameter. How do you use these, because if you remove the heartwood their wood be nothing left. I would guess these would be spindle turned, but do you have to have them completly dried to stop the different drying rate from middle to out side?
I'm asking this as my dad has a willow tree thats a bit tall and needs reducing by 50 percent and i would like to make something out of the small logs because it brings back memories as a small child climbing up this tree
Mark