Posted to alt.home.repair
MC

Default Single phase vs. three phase air conditioning

CJT wrote:
Big Al wrote:

"Tekkie®" wrote in message

Big Al posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I have a house with both single and three phase electric. I'm thinking

of

adding air conditioning. Pros and cons of three phase?? It's a small

house,

two tons should be enough.

Al

Are you SURE you have three phase? How many wires coming in the house?
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don't know and I don't care...

Tekkie

Yes I'm sure. Four wires come in.

Al

I think that's pretty unusual, so I'm curious what you use it for (other
than considering using it for AC).

When my brother had his house built, he wanted 400 amp service which was
not as common then as now, Utility company had to use four wire entrance
as the only type they had that would suffice for that amperage. One of
the wires was not used.