Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Why the Injector on Wash Machines?

On 9 Feb 2006 04:26:35 -0800, "
wrote:

My Washers spray fresh water on the clothes during the spin cycle. I
believe its to minimize wrinkling but dont really know. first time I

It's to rinse the clothes a few extra times, when most of the wash
water is rinsed away so the tub doesn't have to be filled again.

After that part of the spin cycle is done, the second half of the spin
cycle does nothing but remove water.

FTR, I think this has been the standard way for more than 50 years,
certainly more than 30.

saw it thought the fill valve or timer were bad.

have to trip out the door switch to see this.

of course mine is a top loader

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.