Posted to alt.electronics
Rich Grise

Default EEPROM M27C512

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:53:18 -0600, none wrote:

I have a M27C512 chip that I need to copy, however, it seems as though
there is a copy protection on the chip. Is there an IC programmer that
lets you make a 1 to 1 copy of a protect IC chip.

Every time I try to do a read from the chip, all it reads is FF FF FF.
Does anyone know how to get around this.

Thanks

No, what that means is one of two things: A, your reader is broken or
B, the EPROM has already been erased, and its contents are lost to the
bit bucket.

It shouldn't take long to troubleshoot your reader.

Sorry,
Rich