Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default This would be a gloat if I got longer pieces

"marc rosen" wrote in message
oups.com...
A contractor just finished constructing a trellis from 2x12 Ipe at a
new building next to mine on my campus. The foreman gave me all of his
scraps, some of which are 3 to 4 foot long. I got several hundred
pounds of boards and am still coveting the two extra intact boards (8
and 10 feet long) that are at the site.
Now I know that there are limitations to the projects I can make from
these small pieces

Ipe is a great outdoor wood and summer will be here soon. How about some
small tables for the deck or patio? You can see a couple that I've made on
my web page. They are about 16" square. The 4' can make a small bench.
Planter stands?

Small table to go next to the grill? Everyone in the neighborhood would
probably like to have something like that.