Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Router table sled without miter slot?

If your part is clamped to the sled and your sled runs in a miter slot, what
do you need the fence for?Clamp a stop block to the table to establish
length, but your part up against it, clamp to sled, push past cutter. No
need for the fence.

"Toller" wrote in message

On my old table I ran the sled in a miter slot, but I always had problems
alligning my crappy fence to the miter slot. So, I did away with the

miter
slot and figure I would just run the sled against the fence. But not it
seems like the router bit will cut into the sled base in many instances.