Gunner

Default Straighten a acme lead screw?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:59:07 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Tonight..I did a bad thing.

I dumped a Gorton pantograph on its side.

The hoisting gear broke, everything pivoted and it rather gently fell
over on its side. Breaking the tables crossfeed bearing casting on one
side. Which is easily fixable..but it bent the cross feed screw.

Damnit.
Damit to hell. ****.

Anyone know the best way to straighten an acme lead screw?

Gunner,

Whats the dia and pitch ?

Ill check

I got a nice piece of brand new saginaw 1.00 dia kicking around here
somewhere.....

A 6 ft length, it would be either 4 or 5 tpi-----I paid a purty penny for it
many years ago, for a project that was later abandoned......

Im pretty sure its only around 5/8 or .75 max. Ill pull it today. I
think your screw is gonna be a bit big, but thanks anyways.

Gunner

"Anyone who cannot cope with firearms is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
make messes in the house."
With appologies to RAH..