Posted to rec.woodworking
Rich

Default Are you as careful with everything as you are with your woodworking?

I'm a Drill Instructor. I am very precise just ask my Officer
candidates....:-)
Rich

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
I was thinking about this last night as I was wrapping my daughter's
birthday presents.

When I'm woodworking, all of my measurements are very precise, all of
my cuts are dead straight and I worry about being a few thousandths of
an inch off and everything has to be perfectly square. Yet when I was
wrapping, so long as I cut the paper reasonably straight and kind of
square, I was happy. The corners were sort of tight and as long as it
looked decent, I had no problem with it.

Is there anything else in our lives, as woodworkers, where we're as
exacting as we are when we're out in the shop?