Gunner

Default Straighten a acme lead screw?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:23:48 +0000 (UTC), Ian Stirling
wrote:

In rec.crafts.metalworking Gunner wrote:
Tonight..I did a bad thing.

I dumped a Gorton pantograph on its side.

The hoisting gear broke, everything pivoted and it rather gently fell
over on its side. Breaking the tables crossfeed bearing casting on one
side. Which is easily fixable..but it bent the cross feed screw.

Damnit.
Damit to hell. ****.

Anyone know the best way to straighten an acme lead screw?

Is it bent, or BENT?
Are we talking a couple of degrees, or could you enter it in an interesting
knots contest.

The end thats tweaked runs out about .5-.75. Im pretty sure its a
single kink. Ill pull it today or next weekend and check

Gunner

"Anyone who cannot cope with firearms is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
make messes in the house."
With appologies to RAH..