Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Default building a trailer

T i m wrote:

I used the Indespension 6'6" x 4' chassis as a starter (easier
than sourcing / designing the base at the time) and built it up
from there (it started as a 1m high box trailer for my Disco
gear, sold to a mate, bought back some years later and rebuilt
down to your 18" high idea) ;-)

I used exterior quality ply and most of it is still original (I
think I put a new floor in after 15 years) ;-)

I started costing it all, and decided that £200 wasn't actually a bad price
considering you get brand new chassis, tyres, bearings, etc, all galvanised
and ready to go. Sometimes DIY doesn't add up to VFM.