Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Hodge

Default British Gas 'PowerFlush' any good or shall I DIY?

I had a similar problem and was advised by British Gas engineer (Service
contract) I needed a powerflush. Had it done by a private plumber for
about £150 less than BG's quote, the plumber told me, whilst flushing, that
the system wasn't that dirty and after flush the problem of cold radiators
remained.
Eventually got British Gas back (different engineer) who immediately
diagnosed a faulty bypass valve and pump which instantly cured the problem
Needless to say, try as I might, British Gas refused to compensate me for
the unnecessary cost of the power flush, despite their engineer saying it
was required.

"Lobster" wrote in message
Norman wrote:

Been having problems with my heating system, downstairs rads not heating

up
etc so thought of power flushing it.
Does anyone know if you can hire the units anywhere?
Had a quick look on the tool hire sites but can't see them anywhere.

For starters, one of the largest (the largest?) is HSS - they do one:
http://www.hss.com/g/51610/Central_Heating_Flusher.html

David