Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

Default How to size water heater(s) in new home.

wrote in message
I will be building a 100' long home with water usage at the two ends of the
house.

At one end will be a mostly over the garage apartment for my daughter with
kitchen, bath, laundry. Also there will be a bath with on the first floor
with our kitchen and also laundry and utility tubs in the laundry and
garage.

In the middle will be a 2nd floor guest bath.

On the other end will be a first floor master bath with shower and 72"
jetted tub (Venus II).

A priority is not to have to wait "forever" for hot water to reach a
spigot, especially at the kitchen & lavatory sinks and utility tubs.

I am planning to have a hot water heater in the garage and another under
the master bath (crawl space here will be about 6 feet high due to land
slope).

How large should I make each water heater. Should I have a separate
additional heater for that huge tub and only turn it on when needed?

Many thanks for any knowledgeable help!

some sort of return loop would be easier, and cheaper to run than 2 heaters.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts