Dan Caster

Default Brass drill bit (for lead)

You didn't mention a lathe. But anyway here goes. I would make a
bushing to guide a regular hss drill. Just pick a drill slightly
smaller than the barrel id. Use it in the lathe to drill into a bit
of copper or brass that is bigger than the barrel id and then turn
that bit to the barrel id so you have a bushing that will keep the
drill centered. I would turn the drill by hand maybe using a drill
chuck to provide a better handle on the drill. After it is drilled
the rest can probably be pushed out with a brass rod and a paper wad
in front of the rod.

You could make the bushing on a drill press using a file to reduce the
outside diameter and the drill as the arbor.

I would not use any heat.

Dan

Alaric B Snell wrote in message
I have (that I think will be relevant):

1) Torches galore. I can melt the whole thing down if needs be.
2) Brass rods and wire
3) Various files (none small enough to fit in the barrel though)
4) A Dremel with a wide range of accessories
5) Coathanger wire

TIA,

ABS