Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel

Default Cheap ESR Meter

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

My worst experience with the Dick Smith one was that I screwed up and
grabbed those leads instead of my VOM. Consequently I put 120VAC across it
and severely let the smoke out - time for a new one. Now I have two red
leads on it to make it more apparent that I don't have the VOM leads.

Other than that, it has worked well for me. Oh, the kit was also fine -
just follow the directions and put on the smallest items first. That way
it's easier to have the board be stable for soldering. I also decided that
I would take one value of resistor, and install all of that value at one
time. Kind of helped me make sure that I got the right ones in the right
places. I knew that I had to find enough homes for them until I ran out.

WT

What!?! For shame! Total disregard for the *supposed* to be parts left
over rule?

Ken