Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Are you as careful with everything as you are with your woodworking?

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:50:13 GMT, Joe Barta wrote:

Well, it's all about context. If you were in your woodshop cutting to
length a bunch of tomatoe stakes, I don't think you'd worry about a
few thousandths either way ;-) If you were a professional gift wrapper
then I'd suppose neatness and squareness would be a high priority.

Joe Barta

That is how my life is, Joe.. but we might be the exception...

People that do really good work tend to apply it to everything...
An example of that would be guys like Ken Vaughn... ever been to his site?

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/index.html

His jigs and fixtures are nicer looking and more precision than any project that
I've been able to do so far...

I think that some people just like to do it "right".. and I know in Ken's case,
he makes his tools and jigs into woodworking projects... and maybe that's what
it's all about..

Mac