Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default building a trailer

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:01:54 +0000 (UTC), "news.btinternet.com"
wrote:

Maybe the OP didn't mean car trailer when he said it?

Sorry, I meant a small trailer - maybe 6"'bt 3' bt 18" (not for carrying a
car!).

Phew ;-)

I used the Indespension 6'6" x 4' chassis as a starter (easier than
sourcing / designing the base at the time) and built it up from there
(it started as a 1m high box trailer for my Disco gear, sold to a
mate, bought back some years later and rebuilt down to your 18" high
idea) ;-)

I used exterior quality ply and most of it is still original (I think
I put a new floor in after 15 years) ;-)

It doesn't get used that often these days (I also have a smaller
unbraked one for the smaller jobs) but when it does it's a godsend.
(like when I had one of those tubular 1 tonne hydraulic engine cranes
I could get it in the trailer and take it elsewhere on my own) ;-)

Also the motorcycles will go in at a pinch ..

All the best and good luck ..

T i m