Default painting a house

"Tiger" wrote

Approximately how long will it take to paint the walls in these 5 rooms?

How long is a piece of string?

It depends on your experience and skill level, stamina, the state of the
walls (do you need to make good anywhere? is the existing paintwork filthy
or will a quick wipe down be enough?) and the existing paint surface. The
first time I painted my brand new flat, it took ages even though the walls
were already painted by the builders (with a water-based emulsion) because
they soaked up paint by the gallon. Subsequent coats took half the time.

And it's not the painting itself which takes the time anyway: it's all the
preparation and finishing off the room afterwards.

Me? I reckon on a week to decorate a room to my satisfaction from scratch
to the final arrangement of accessories. But I'm no expert, and can only do
a limited number of hours at a stretch if I'm to avoid painful repercussions
because of unfamiliar activity. My future son-in-law, who is highly
experienced, reckons it will take him a week to decorate my whole flat - 5
rooms plus hall.

Barbara