Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall

Default building a trailer

HI

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:56:24 +0000 (UTC), "news.btinternet.com"
wrote:

I would like to build a light car trailer. It seems that this would be
cheaper than buying one.

Can anyone point to appropriate websites for plans and parts etc.?

Or is this simply a daft idea?

Thanks

Depends on how small / light you're after....

I obtained the chassis from a scrapped caravan (£20) and had it cut
down (thought 19ft long was a bit excessive !). Local garage did some
welding, I added plywood sides, hinges, lighting board and there you
go..... trailer takes 8ft x 4ft sheets flat between the wheelarches...

Resulting trailer carries between 1/2 - 1 tonne of firewood - looks
ugly but works well g. Not the lightest of things to lug around
though - original chassis is (thick) box section steel tube....

Maybe you were thinking of something smaller ?

Adrian
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply