Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George Saridakis

Default Sanding swirls on cocobolo - experimental results

Hi Ted,

I am talking about swirls visible to the customer. I use a lit magnifier and
if I cannot see them (unfinished) under those conditions, they do not show
up after finishing. My technique on lathe sanding in the final grits is to
continuously move the paper back and forth while rotating at slow speed.
Seems to work for me.

George

"ted harris" wrote in message
In news:George Saridakis typed:
Micro mesh to 12000G made the swirls disappear.

George

Not if you look closely...
the only way to get rid of rotational scratches is to sand perpendicular
the rotational scratches. It is also a lot less work than trying to get
rid
of the scratches by rotationally snading them out.
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com