Posted to rec.woodworking
Drew_Y

Default Reducing drill press speed further

Thanks for everyones help.

I knew a variostat would be abusive to the motor, but if I am only
making 25 at a time and then taking it off, I think it is livable. By
the time I modify the DP I already overspent the initial cost easily
with the possiblity of now liking the modifications. I think for
another hundred I can buy a new one that does the job already.

I already made a jig to cut the neoprene sheeting that I am satisfied
with. I would not use this tool to cut more than 1/8" deep. I wood
definately agree more than this thickness a punch would be better, but
I would need two of them custom made for the tolerances I want.

I tried using a linoleum knife around a wood template but it ended up
looking like a item made in a garage.

Drew