Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Question about house re-wiring

On 9 Feb 2006 02:02:26 -0800 someone who may be
wrote this:-

The time it takes to replace
a fuse wire at a guess 2 or 3 times in the life of an installation is
less than the time taken to go get some mcbs and retrofit them. Oft
overloooked in the rush to '''upgrade.'''

And the cost is 50p.

Agreed. It is even easier to take the spare HBC fuse out of the
carrier and put this in the correct part of the carrier, after one
has located the fault. If one has a "wylex style" board then one may
have to locate the spare fuses, if they are not in a handy place.

Rewirable fuses suffer from the person who thinks they know what
they are doing. Such people can fail to put the wire in the right
places, even if they get the right sized wire.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh