Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why the Injector on Wash Machines?

In another message I posted about the problems with the old Maytag
Washer. I have been reading about these on the web and everything was
explained except one thing. It looks like all machines, regardless of
brand, have a water injector that takes the water from the fill valve
and "injects" it into the tub. WHY? Why cant it just run thru the
hose and go in there? In my other post I mentioned that there was a
bad fill valve, and bad hose to the injector, plus a dripping
injector. I replaced the hose with "milker hose", and just eliminated
the injector, using a standard 1/2" barbed pipe fitting in it's place.
It seems to be washing just fine. What's the point to that injector
other than being another part to buy and another possible leak? The
point is to fill the tub, and its filling 5 times as fast without that
part. I simply do not see the purpose to it.

Mark