Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David C. Partridge

Default 1.5kOhm 0.5W carbon composition resistor

Found these at www.surplussales.com at a reasonable price and reasonable
minimum order quantity ( I ordered some HV ceramic caps as well to make up
their minimum order value of USD10). Postage to UK of course will add to
that, but shouldn't be too bad.

Dave

"David C. Partridge" wrote in message
Anyone in the UK got one of these - I'll happily pay a reasonable charge
for it (or even a slightly unreasonable one).

It *must* be carbon composition or carbon ceramic, as it is being used in
a circuit with high pulse currents which would destroy a film resistor.

I could buy some from the USA, but the cheapest I've been able to find
would have cost me about £34 or more including postage etc. Some were MOQ
of 300, which doesn't make sense for a (probably) one off repair.

A 1W part probably won't fit. The space into which it must fit allows
for a body diameter no greater than 4.5mm maximum (original is 3mm
diameter), and length is 10mm (a couple of extra mms won't hurt here).

--
Dave Partridge (remove xwy from replyto email address)