Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

Default Are you as careful with everything as you are with your woodworking?

S R wrote:
I used to sweat about being "precise" in my woodworking. Then it dawned on
me that when you work on something, you get to know every defect very well.
But when someone else walks up to a piece of furniture (if that is what you
make), they see it, touch it, and sometimes admire it. But, they usually
never scrutinize it like the person who designs and builds it. So when I
completed our coffee table, I was so upset that I messed up the corner round
along the main edge of the table. I thought the indentation was so obvious,
and everyone would laugh at it. Well, after 4 years, till this day nobody
noticed the defect.

Now, woodworking is so much more enjoyable since I realized where it counts
to be precise, and where you can be a little less so.

Stephen R.

Yep, the hardest thing to learn when woodworking is to know when to
leave well enough alone.
regards
John