mrbonaparte

Default OT- Fools of Gunfighting

"mark" wrote in message
news:01c38092$1fd466a0$1a4f5d3f@bootskie...
A couple interesting stories: This one was 'reported' on TV, but I don't
think it was the news. A man and his wife had the mindset of always being
on the alert for the need to defend themselves against armed attack. One
day outta the blue came a couple guys on the freeway shootin at them for

no
reason. They took the nearest off ramp, pulled into a gas station and took
up defensive positions behind the car just like they always 'trained'.

They
ended up killing one and I think wounding the other.

This was also 'reported' on TV, in an interview months after the event. A
pilot was flying an airliner to Hawaii when suddenly the top of the
aircraft flew off unexpectedly (is there any other way?) One stewardess

was
sucked out of the plane presumably to her death; I believe all others
survived. In the interview the pilot stated he had rehearsed just such an
incident repeatedly in his mind over a period of time to 'practice'
handling the plane under such conditions.

That plane is here in Tucson. I've seen it on the base. Pretty wild.