Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

Default Lawnmower that will not start

On 6 Feb 2006 10:50:55 -0800, "Richard" wrote:

Folks, I have an older Craftsman lawn mower that I can't get to start.
I do get a good spark, so I'm assuming that it means a clogged
carburetor. Is there anything that I can pour into the tank and allow
to sit there that might help dissolve any old varnish? Thanks in
advance for your suggestions!

Hit it with a little starting fluid and see if she fires.
If she doesn't, then that rules out bad gas / gummed up carb.

Timing could be off (sheared soft key) or plug could be fouled.

Small engines are relatively cheap. You might be better off buying
new model...

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info