Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Power out in part of the house

Check all the circuit breakers in case they may be marked incorrectly, then
tap on all the outlets and switches that have gone out and live outlets and
switches that are near the dead ones. If the tapping causes the lights to
flicker or come back on, check the connections in that box

"Deuteros" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I was in my bathroom yesterday with the lights and the fan on. All of a
sudden the lights and fan go off. Only the bathroom I was in and part of
another room were affected so I assumed a breaker had been tripped. But
when I opened the fusebox none of the breakers had been tripped. I even
flipped the corresponding breaker just to be sure.

Can I safely assume that the breaker is probably bad and will need to be
replaced, or is it possible something else is wrong?