Posted to alt.home.repair
thelooch

Default vinyl tile installation

That sounds encouraging Jerry. My floor is quite smooth, I'm not
worried about any bumps showing through the tiles. I'm more concerned
about the tiles not sticking hard enough on to the old glue surface and
popping off. It sounds like your floor was in even worse shape than
mine though, and your tiles are sticking okay.

I could barely pull a tile off with my hands after 30 seconds and I
would imagine the bond gets even stonger after a bit of time, so I
think it should be alright. I really wish they had just used tack
strips though, this glue is brutal!