Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default How can I...... On topic...

That's an unusually high bed (and something I'd rather not fall out
of!) With no supports underneath, beefy sides prevent movement (and
squeaks). The 4x4 posts sound like a good idea. Sounds like SWMBO
is thinking about installing a sham. If you decide to put sliding
doors on the sides, then recess them about 2" to allow toe kick space
(needing for easier bed making).

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 04:11:29 GMT, "Searcher"
wrote:

I need to make a bed frame as per the SWMBO's desires. Her thoughts are as
follows;
1) she wants at least 22" of height underneath.
2) There can be NO obstruction, she wants (NEEDS) to put 6 Rubbermaid tubs
underneath.
3) MUST NOT SQUEAK... Hmmmm? dare I say why?

Get ya'lls mind out the trough, she's a light sleeper and we have a 4 year
old.

My thoughts: 1X6 box frame with stiles spaced 4" apart (correct me if I
misused the words stiles)
boxed in 4X4 posts for height
1/4" luaun (sp) plywood ( needsto be a solid surface
due to the Memory foam mattress)

She has not as of yet decided how this extra space is going to be hidden,
she's thinking fabric but I am thinking sliding doors on the side with the
most access space.

Any thoughts would be helpful, and keep in mind up until now all I have made
has been shelves, a doghouse and a blanket chest, which if I say so myself
is a work of art?!!

Thanks
Searcher