Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

Default Roll-in vs. DoAll 16" ML band saws

I have both a 12" DoAll like you describe and a roll-in unit. The roll-in is
EXTERMELY handy. You won't know how you lived without it. Especially sence
you already have a heavy duty saw. The only downside of the roll-in is that
it cuts much slower than a horizontal saw. Normally not an issue for me, as
I find something else to do while the saw works.

These saws don't come with coolant. I added a small perestallic pump to
squirt coolant - no drip pan. Makes the blades last much longer.

Karl