Carl West

Default OT- Rules of Gunfighting

Kirk Gordon wrote:

Gunner wrote:
Rules of Gunfighting

I'm surely wasting my time here; but...

I've always liked Izaak Azimov's idea: "Violence is the last refuge
of incompetence."

These rules all point to someone who is without the benefits of civilization, a creature on its own surrounded by potential predators and competitors. There are people today that live that way: cops, soldiers in the field, various sorts of criminals, and probably some others I've missed. For _them_ rules like this probably apply. For the rest of us, we don't need these rules. If TEOTWAWKI comes, that's different. Until then, I plan to stay civilized.

I'd re-label them "Rules for a Firefight", that puts it more in context and doesn't conjure the image of the lone gunslinger of the much-romanticized American Old West.

(a nit: "Isaac Asimov")

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

change the 'DOT' to '.' to email me

As always, put on rubber gloves, wear eye protection, stand on an electrically insulating mat, dress in old clothes, avoid electrical shock by working with one hand in your pocket, and do it outdoors in a well ventilated area. Lastly, to avoid personal injury, have it done professionally.
- http://www.homemetalshopclub.org