Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

Default Are you as careful with everything as you are with your woodworking?

"noonenparticular" wrote in message
. com...
Funny you should bring up wrapping presents. I'm well known in my family
for being positvely precise when wrapping, to the point that over the
course of several Christmases, I've now been given 100% wrapping duties
for pretty much anything. I never use scissors to cut the paper, rather,
I run a marking knife down the inside of a square crease, all tape is
double-sided and hidden.... etc etc etc...... The family thinks I'm sick.
They may well be right.

When I got married at the age of 32 (many years ago) my wife made certain
that I learned some essential skills in living with her.

One was that cheap chocolates were an insult. The more exensive the
chocolates, the more they are appreciated.

Two, flowers perform some kind of magical function. I don't understand it.
But flowers can work wonders.

And HOW TO WRAP A PRESENT!! This is a big deal. And no matter how hard I
try, my best efforts only produce perfection on a maximum of three quarters
of a package. Usually it is only half.

I gave up on that. Now I use gift bags, big bows, gift cards and special
cards desgned to hold money. And If I get a complaint, I ask for some money
back so I can get the damn thing professionally gift wrapped. Nobody has
taken me up on that offer yet.