Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default Are you as careful with everything as you are with your woodworking?

Funny you should bring up wrapping presents. I'm well known in my family
for being positvely precise when wrapping, to the point that over the course
of several Christmases, I've now been given 100% wrapping duties for pretty
much anything. I never use scissors to cut the paper, rather, I run a
marking knife down the inside of a square crease, all tape is double-sided
and hidden.... etc etc etc...... The family thinks I'm sick. They may well
be right.

jc

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
I was thinking about this last night as I was wrapping my daughter's
birthday presents.

When I'm woodworking, all of my measurements are very precise, all of
my cuts are dead straight and I worry about being a few thousandths of
an inch off and everything has to be perfectly square. Yet when I was
wrapping, so long as I cut the paper reasonably straight and kind of
square, I was happy. The corners were sort of tight and as long as it
looked decent, I had no problem with it.

Is there anything else in our lives, as woodworkers, where we're as
exacting as we are when we're out in the shop?