Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Router table sled without miter slot?

Toller wrote:

On my old table I ran the sled in a miter slot, but I always had
problems alligning my crappy fence to the miter slot. So, I did away
with the miter slot and figure I would just run the sled against the
fence. But not it seems like the router bit will cut into the sled
base in many instances.

If you just *have* to have a sled, make a fairly long one so you can cut
out a bit in the center where the wood you are routing will go. Then
the non-cutout parts of the sled edge can ride on the fence.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...