Posted to rec.woodworking
Gary Dean

Default How can I...... On topic...

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:16:56 -0000, Puckdropper
wrote:

JGS wrote in
:

When I bought my new mattress and box spring I needed a ladder to get
into bed and it doesn't have 22" of clearance. At 22" plus M&BS plus
supports it will be at least 40" off the floor. Probably about 4"
higher than your kitchen counter. Getting in is one thing, if you ever
fall out..... JG

The beds my school has are adjustable, and most people trying to save
floor space have them on their highest setting to allow the dresser (two
drawer, about 24" tall) to fit underneath. My procedure for getting in
to the bed has been to take two running steps and jump!

Puckdropper

The kids at the school where I work use a springboard thing called a
trampette, I think, to get them over a vaulting horse. That should do the
trick. A bit of practice and you should be hitting the bed 3 times out of
4.
Getting out - why not try an inflateable crash mat like those they land on
when pole vaulting.