Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower that will not start

I think the ideas that were floating around here werent to rebuild the
entire carb. Just blow it out with a little carb cleaner will usually
do the
trick.

What you describe is basically boiling out the carb with chemicals.
(dangerous **** too, lots of cancer in that stuff) Handle with care
and dont gargle with it.

If I had carbs that had plastic attached to it and I wanted to
clean out, I would take an old heating pot (the ones you just
add water, plug in and wait to boil) add some wisk, heat it
up and put the carb into that. The hot water with a detergent
would make it look like new. I would ONLY do this to aluminum
carbs with minimal steel on them. In any case I would
boil them and then spray them down with a light coat of
wd40. Clean as a wistle and works great!

Anyway, with those little edgers, I would make sure that you are
getting gas from the gas tank (pull the hose that attaches to the
carb) If gas is flowing, great! Next on those carbs they has a
primer
on them. When you prime it do you see a little squirt of gas inside
the carb right past the choke plate?

Just out of curiousity to make sure its a carb problem and not a
compression problem did you use some starter fluid to get this
thing running at all?