Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default Special double ended drill bits

They are made by several manufacturers. Here is one
http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/...rwinProd100129

Look in your yellow pages for a commercial construction supply
house.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
Years ago I got some double ended drill bits. They were sharp
on both
ends, and were short. They were intended for sheet metal
workers, and
as far as I know, only came in small sizes, like 1/8". Those
were the
handiest bits. Not just because they have 2 usable ends, but
because
they were short and did not break everytime I use them. I just
was
drilling a 1/8" hole in a piece of 1/4" thick steel, and used a
brand
new bit. As always, the damn thing broke, because it's too
f**king
long for drilling in steel.

The reason I ma posting this is because I dont know where to buy
those
special bits. The ones I got years ago came from an auction
which was
selling used tools and other equipment from a plumbing and
heating
business that shut down. At the time I bought several boxes of
hand
tools, and a few other things, and found a container with about
10 of
those bits in one box. They were so handy, but eventually I
used them
up.

Where can I buy some of these. Anyone know?

Mark