Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

Default How can I...... On topic...

When I bought my new mattress and box spring I needed a ladder to get into bed
and it doesn't have 22" of clearance. At 22" plus M&BS plus supports it will be
at least 40" off the floor. Probably about 4" higher than your kitchen counter.
Getting in is one thing, if you ever fall out..... JG

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Searcher" wrote in message
I need to make a bed frame as per the SWMBO's desires. Her thoughts are as
follows;
1) she wants at least 22" of height underneath.
2) There can be NO obstruction, she wants (NEEDS) to put 6 Rubbermaid tubs
underneath.

Before you go any further, do some measuring. With 22" clearance, supports,
a spring and mattress, you'll have to be very tall to get into the bed
comfortably. I'd do a mockup of some sort first.

I'm not sure that a 1 x 6 will give the support you need. IIRC, the old bed
rails or wood were closer to 8", but do some checking on that.