Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Part P conudrum.....

River Tramp wrote:

Can you explain why you think the cost of the electrical inspection
shouldn't be passed onto the client? Would you do work which cost you
money?

IanC

Hi

Two things he

1) I would object less if the LBA tried to bring the necessary skills
to inspect Part P work in house. Most have just copped out and employ
external electricians which is bound to cost more as the external firm
needs to make a profit. The external firm is also likely to PIR every
dwelling it inspects fully, to cover themselves, whereas a suitably skilled
BCO is more likely to inspect only the work that has been done
which is fundamentally more efficient. Consider how a BCO operates when
Part A work is done compared to Part P.

2) I don't realistically expect it to be free but given that I personally
didn't want this crap foisted on me, I expect it to be done at cost, not
at profit, which is automatically the case once external agents are
involved.

Cheers

Tim