Posted to alt.home.repair
Ted Mittelstaedt

Default Lawnmower that will not start

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
7...
Folks, I have an older Craftsman lawn mower that I can't get to start.
I do get a good spark, so I'm assuming that it means a clogged
carburetor. Is there anything that I can pour into the tank and allow
to sit there that might help dissolve any old varnish? Thanks in
advance for your suggestions!

You could get an electric, learn to do the "cord dance," and never worry
about starting the mower again. With an electric, you just turn it on. If
it doesn't start, buy a new one, they're only $150 or so. End of problem.

Until you mow over the cord. They do have cordless electric mowers, though.

I would never give up my gas mowers, though. Mowing the lawn is a boring,
annoying chore and the only fun I get out of it is getting out the ear
protection,
and firing up the old gasoline engine and ****ing off all the environmental
greenies
that live on my street and mow their lawns with manual push mowers. (or
electrics)

A 3.5HP Briggs and Stratton
vertical drive with a 20 year old rusted out pancake muffler announces to
the
world in no uncertain terms that a Real Man is doing his Saturday civic duty
to beautify the neighborhood.

Ted