Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Videotape Chewed/Snapped

none wrote:
On 6 Feb 2006 01:23:59 -0800, "tkbirdie"
wrote:

the VCR had cut" my tape in half. The tape contains some important
programmes, so I really need the tape. Can I repair it myself or do I
need someone to do it?

Yes you can use regular invisible tape to mend it, though it won't
hold up for repeated plays.

I have some tapes that were used weekly for several years after being
reattached to the leader with ordinary 1" wide Scotch tape. First
cleaning the surfaces with alcohol may have helped. I never spliced in
the middle, except to make a copy of the broken tape and then toss it,
that is, make 2 shorter tapes from it.