Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Veneer Layer in Segmented Bowl Turning Grey After Gluing

Greg wrote:

I'm thinking that there is something in the makore that is transferred
with the glue into the maple, and the combination of glue and exotic
salts is discoloring the maple. A water wetted clamp-up between the
two species did nothing adverse. We'll see in about an hour...

I think you're right. I'm finding it difficult to see the problem, but it
looks like the upper thin bands should be light surrounded by dark. The
'light' looks muddy. On the foot it looks ok to me.