Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx

Default How can I...... On topic...

I'm with Edwin on this, height of bed.

Also, check the Borg for cinder blocks. They're WAY cheap, and if
you're going to hide the bed frame, they won't show. AND THEY DON"T
SQUEAK.

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 04:42:59 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Searcher" wrote in message
I need to make a bed frame as per the SWMBO's desires. Her thoughts are as
follows;
1) she wants at least 22" of height underneath.
2) There can be NO obstruction, she wants (NEEDS) to put 6 Rubbermaid tubs
underneath.

Before you go any further, do some measuring. With 22" clearance, supports,
a spring and mattress, you'll have to be very tall to get into the bed
comfortably. I'd do a mockup of some sort first.

I'm not sure that a 1 x 6 will give the support you need. IIRC, the old bed
rails or wood were closer to 8", but do some checking on that.