Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default How can I...... On topic...

"Searcher" wrote in message
news:RbeGf.156$Tb.85@trndny01...
I need to make a bed frame as per the SWMBO's desires. Her thoughts are as
follows;
1) she wants at least 22" of height underneath.
2) There can be NO obstruction, she wants (NEEDS) to put 6 Rubbermaid tubs
underneath.

Before you go any further, do some measuring. With 22" clearance, supports,
a spring and mattress, you'll have to be very tall to get into the bed
comfortably. I'd do a mockup of some sort first.

I'm not sure that a 1 x 6 will give the support you need. IIRC, the old bed
rails or wood were closer to 8", but do some checking on that.