Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Towing bracket plans needed ?

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 23:56:44 +0000, doc wrote:

|I recently bought a small (4' x 3') unbraked secondhand trailer, and
|until this week my Volvo was used to tow it. I Now have an Astra and
|need to weld up a Tow bar with towing ball. The sort that is mostly
|hidden bolted underneath the boot of the vehicle, with only the towing
|hitch ball on view at the back. Is there anywhere i can get plans for
|the dimensions of metal needed to make up a towing bracket for this
|vehicle ?
|
|There does not seem to be any set plan for these as they are obviously
|dependant on the makeup of the rear of each different make of auto.

My 40 year old (5' * 3') unbraked trailer has fitted the tow ball on every
car I have had in 40 years.

Have you got the wrong type of tow bar? My present Witter tow bar has
room for any hitch without problems.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.