Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Part P conudrum.....

John Rumm wrote:

Woa, where do you get the £300 from? A building notice for a small job
like that ought to cost under £100. If you council is suggesting that
you ought to pay for the inspection then I would suggest pointing them
at the memo from the orifice of the deputy prime minister that says they
ain't allowed to charge extra for that bit.

Indeed. Or if they're going to get funny, make the BNA up for a full rewire
(if you think you might in the next 20 years), replacing every window,
external door that you might, new boiler, new HW cylinder etc etc - or at
least as many things as you can get for the 100+VAT charge.

Once you start work, there's no statutory time limit on completing - you
have open ended carte blanche to do all your Part-P/L/whatever jobs.

I'm not sure what the fee is to amend a BNA (eg: decided not to do *that*
window after all, now please come and sign this lot off).

Only flaw in that plan is the regs probably will all change in 20 years,
so you have to anticipate doing things a little beyond current regs.

Or see this post of mine and worry less ;-

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....25?dmode=print

Cheers

Tim