Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Compressor/Nailer Advice

Steve,

I personally would buy a belt driven compressor. Once the pancakes
piston or connector rod breaks, it's history. If the compressor breaks
on the belt driven compressor you can replace it. Plus you have more
air capacity. On the nailer, of all I own if I could only keep one it
would be the angled (Stanley Bostitch SN60FN) nailer. Replacement parts
are easy to find and it's easy to work on, a very good nailer. Hope
this helps.

lefty wrote:

I'm starting on several projects that will require finish work. All of
my windows will be replaced. And I'm remodeling my kitchen/dining
area. I will have all my window casement to replace, some door
casement, and all of my baseboard on the main level. When I finished
my lower level, I hand nailed the trim. Never again!

I'm shopping for a compressor and finish nailer. I already have a
Dewalt 18-gauge brad nailer (D51238K). It was free with a table saw I
bought last year. I'm currently debating between the Dewalt D55155 Air
Compressor and a Porter Cable Pancake compressor. If I go with the PC,
I can get 2 or 3 PC nailers in a combo deal. If I go with Dewalt, I
have to buy a finish nailer. Either the 15-gauge or 16-gauge.

Any experiences that point one way or the other?

Should I get a 15-gauge or 16-gauge finish nailer?

Thanks for your help,

Steve